During this unprecedented time, we like many of you are quickly adjusting to the ever-changing environment to slow the spread of COVID-19 and balance the eye health and critical vision needs of our patients. South Coast Optometry will always be concerned for the health and well-being of our patients, staff and community.
We realize the importance of the essential care that South Coast Optometry provides and the importance of monitoring and treatment of all and any eye conditions before they become worse. With these factors in mind, South Coast Optometry will be initiating a limited re-opening of the practice beginning Monday April 20th, 2020 until May 31st 2020. Instead of opening the 6 days a week, our office will be open 5 days a week on Mondays (10:00AM-7:00PM), Wednesdays (10:00AM-7:00PM), Thursdays (9:00AM-6:00PM), Fridays (10:00AM-6:00PM), Saturdays (9:00AM-5:00PM) and closed all day on Sundays and Tuesdays.
We will be prioritizing appointments based on urgency and eye medical need. However, we also recognize high vision needs can be very urgent. Your vision is essential to your well-being and wellness. As many of you have pointed out, without excellent vision, you do not feel well. If you have any problems with your eyes, we are here to help you. Please do not hesitate to call us and let us help decide if we can help you or it can be put off for a later appointment date.
Some of the changes to help minimize Covid-19 risks will be as follows:
- Every appointment will be pre-screened with concern if you or a family member has experienced any of the following: Fever, Cough, Shortness of breath, or Difficulty breathing. If you or any family member has been experiencing any of the above symptoms, we kindly ask that you reschedule your appointment and contact your primary care provider. It is best to reschedule after being symptom free for 14 days.
- If possible, for greater efficiency, we will try to fill in the information forms and perform the case history in your car via your cell phone before coming into the office. Please call us at 714-540-2020 as soon you park.
- Every patient appointment and staff member will have their temperature taken with a No Touch Thermometer upon entering the office. All accompanying family members and drivers will be asked to wait in their car or outside the office during the patient’s appointment to reduce the number of people in the office.
- Every patient appointment and staff member will have to wear masks in the office. Our entire South Coast Optometry team will be equipped with the high grade N95 masks, nitrile gloves, sanitizing equipment-furniture-eyeglass frames with sanitizing cloths or UV-C sanitizer and having alcohol hand sanitizers used on patient’s hands if handling eyeglass frames.
- Our entire inventory of eyeglass frames will go through a sanitization process at the start and end of the day as well as after any touching by patients or staff members.
- We are providing a limited amount of telemedicine for our established patients during this Covid-19 situation.
We at South Coast Optometry truly appreciate you as a person and value your trust in us to take care of your precious eyes. We will continue to closely monitor the Covid-19 situation and continue to communicate with you any and all changes through our website, www.SouthCoastOptometry.com. We appreciate your understanding and support during this unprecedented time, and we look forward to seeing everyone soon!
Dr. Daniel E. Quon, O.D. and The Entire South Coast Optometry Team!!!